Saturday, October 4, 2008

The evils of Friday Nite Knit Night


So I had tonight off and N. was home Tage had hockey and then I was free. Yippie I will get to go to Y&F for knit nite. So knowing that I was going to be able to go I wound a ball of sock yarn for a nice on the go project and grad the Cookie A pattern for Stricken that I had been wanting to start and off I went. Well lets just put it this way not a stitch was made tonight. I got there and spent 3.5 hours at knit nite and have nothing. I cast on no problem begin round one..... the stitches don't add up I have 80 on my needles but it appears I need 88... mmm should I correct the pattern. NO I WILL FROG. I frog the cast on and the first round and do it over still not the right amount of stitches... that's it stricken has been struck and it is grounded now. When I get home I shower and think on this convinced there must be some errata somewhere... I look none. Maybe I am the only person you has knit the large in this sock after all there are only 30 on Ravelry. I go to my bedroom thinking lets do the math and figure out where I can remove 8 stitches for the directions or perhaps add 8 stitches to the cast on. I grab a piece of paper add up all the stitches for my size and what do I get 80... how can this be. grrr.....

Apparently you are not allowed to mix and match the directions and I must have been doing so while gabbing along with my knitting friends. So now at 1:30am after casting on at 7:30 pm I have the cast on and 2 rounds done. HEY, wait does that mean I can change the start date on Ravelry to October 4th. wink wink

No comments: